Increasing the exposure of your business
My aim is to keep your site performing as well as it should… this means that the sites should remain up to date with their content, and rank well so that your business can be found on the internet. With this in mind, there are several things that you should do. Start with listing your business in some online directories. Why? Because inward links are important - Google thinks that if lots of people are linking to your website then the content must be really good!
Be aware that when you create a listing with some of them (especially the free ones) you might get a follow up email or phone call from them trying to up-sell you to a paid listing, offering you their google ranking service etc etc. At this stage you don’t need any of that, you are just wanting the free listing!
- Create a Google My Business account for your business. This will include your opening hours, address etc, and also creates your Google Map presence. Do it as soon as you can because the verification is by post, so takes a while. https://www.google.com/intl/en_au/business/
- If your business already has a presence on Google, and in Google Maps, then look for the "Claim My Business" option underneath the listing in Google and follow the instructions to become the owner/manager of the listing.
- List your business on any other free local directories - include as much information as you can, including keywords which people will search on when looking for your business. See the lists below:
- Yellow Pages https://yellowpages.com.au
- True Local truelocal.com.au
- Yelp https://yelp.com.au
- Word Of Mouth https://wordofmouth.com.au
- Infobel https://infobel.com
- AussieWeb Local Search https://aussieweb.com.au/
- Start Local business directory https://www.startlocal.com.au
- Pink pages https://pinkpages.com.au
- My Sunshine Coast www.mysunshinecoast.com.au (go to https://mysunshinecoast.com.au/business/update-your-business).
- Hotfrog business directory https://hotfrog.com.au/ ( https://admin.hotfrog.com.au/add/index-card )
- Show Me Local https://showmelocal.com.au
- Enroll Local https://au.enrollbusiness.com
- Create a free listing with http://www.yourcity.com.au
- SMEA create a free listing with https://www.smea.org.au/join
- TUUGO https://tuugo.biz
- Business Listing Now https://businesslistingnow.com
- Zipleaf https://zipleaf.auz.net
- Australia Online Advertising https://australiaonlineadvertising.com.au
- Business Listings https://businesslistings.net.au
New Zealand Businesses:
- Finda https://www.finda.co.nz/account/business/add/step-one/4y1qnd/
- New Zealand Websites https://www.newzealandwebsites.com/modules/directory/add.asp
- The New Zealand Small Business Directory https://www.nzsbdirectory.co.nz/NZSB_Add_Listing.html
- New Zealand Directory https://www.nzdirectory.co.nz/add-website.html $9.95 one off fee
- Hotfrog business directory https://www.hotfrog.co.nz/
- No Cowboys (trades only) https://www.nocowboys.co.nz/register-now
• Review the Analytics report sent to you by WebCoast via email, and see which pages of your website are the most popular. Consider updating these pages with more up to date content/photos. Look at your most popular keyword phrases that people are searching on, are there any other phrases that describe your business? Consider including other phrases or keywords in the text on your website – unless the text appears in your site, your website will not appear in search results for that phrase.
Marketing your website address
Also remember when advertising your business to include your website address in any advertisements, online yellowpages ads, newspaper ads, brochures, business cards and any other material which you distribute with your details on it.
Use your website to cut down your printing costs
If you have produced any brochures or marketing material, this can be included as a PDF download on your website. Customers who ring for a brochure can then download it from the website instead of waiting for the mail to arrive – saves you time & money!
Keep in mind that I'm are here to help. If any of the above sounds like a good idea but you don’t have the time to do it yourself, I'm are happy to help - just call or send an email. Until next time…. Work smarter, not harder.
Latest News / Blog
- Things to consider before updating your site to Joomla 4
- Why do hackers bother hacking websites?
- How to grow your social media engagement
- Wordpress 5.5 - auto updates
- My Watchful Podcast
- Safety and Security While Video Conferencing with Zoom
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- Keyboard issue: Single quote being replaced by Accent character
- Telemarketers trying to sell you a keyword-rich domain name
- Email – latest technology & more space!
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- SEO basics for your website