We offer industry relevant, cost effective solutions to our customers. Our sites must load fast, be easy to navigate through, work in different web browsers and be found by major search engines. Since around 2013 "responsive" designed websites have been introduced. Responsive means that it automatically adjusts it's layout to suit the device that it is being viewed on. The advantage of having a responsive website is that you only need to manage the content of one website, once upon a time you would have needed a separate mobile website. Responsive sites are a standard part of a new website build with WebCoast, there are no additional costs, now that's a great deal.
Which Content Management System (CMS) do we use?
We deliver websites on lots of platforms - like Joomla, WordPress and WIX. Our preference is Joomla - here is why we choose to use Joomla! :
- It is robust
- There are over 8000 extensions (features) so chances are if you want something special for your website, it won't need to be custom developed
- With Joomla! you can have complete control over the site
- There are fantastic tools to help you backup your site easily
- Joomla! simplifies content management, organising your articles in a structured way
- Search engine friendly, allows great behind-the-scenes customisation for search engines
- Joomla! puts the client in the driver's seat, you have access to change everything
- You can manage your website anywhere, anytime, on any device - all you need is an internet connection
- Fully responsive (which means the site will adapt its layout to suit the device it is being viewed on eg mobile, tablet, desktop)
- Joomla! is everywhere, millions of sites use Joomla! which means you will never be left high and dry, there is a massive active, supportive community, and of course, you have WebCoast!
- Regular security updates means Joomla! keeps your site safe
Keeping your website current
One of the difficulties many companies face is maintaining the content on their websites. For some websites, the content does not change or does so rarely. Other websites have content that is continually changing. There are two ways to manage content that is continually changing - you can upload new content as frequently or infrequently as you like, or you can get WebCoast to do it for you.
Optimisation of your website
The placement of text, image tags, meta tags, titles and correct key words and phrases are all attributing factors for search engine ranking. We can optimize and register your site with the major search engines. This involves not just going to the top several web sites and submitting your URL, but developing your site so that search engines will give it a high ranking.
How long will it take to build & optimise a website?
The creation of a website differs depending on the size, the complexity and the amount of graphics work involved. As an approximate guide you can expect it to take 2-3 weeks to put a new site together. Unfortunately search engines work to their own schedule and it usually takes 3-4 weeks for your website to show up in search results after being submitted. The earlier you start your website the better!