Business Queensland will be accepting applications for its Small Business Digital Grants Program again with round 3 of applications set to open mid-2017. The program offers matched funding of up to $10,000 for the purchase of hardware, software and digital services.
If you've been thinking about investing in digital technologies for your business, now is the perfect time to prepare for your application. With the $10,000 grant you could invest in:
- Website and content development (copy on your website's product pages, homepage, blog content…etc),
- specialised digital technology or software,
- training, marketing strategy, digital planning.
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the product or service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last 12 calendar months
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent
The participating business must provide a project report on completion of the project detailing how the funds were spent and the impact it has had on the business. Find out more at