Are you resisting Google+ ?
After what was an admittedly slow start, Google+ has been gathering pace and establishing itself as a major player in the social media field. So is it time for your business to take the plunge or is Google+ just one more unnecessary endeavour?
Getting into Google+ With Google+, you’re not just looking at a social network – you’re looking at a way to integrate seamlessly with a huge number of other Google products. From Hangouts and Talk to YouTube, you can link your business’s Google+ page to a wide variety of other channels – allowing you to build brand presence and give potential customers more ways to get to know you.
Why consider signing up? Google is being smart when it comes to social integration – it offers incentives so you will sign up to as many of its products as possible. For example, the Places function on Google Maps is being replaced with a location feature that’s connected to a Google+ profile. This means that if you want to make sure your business is highlighted on all-important maps, a profile may be a necessity. Google+ is also known to be a factor when it comes to local carousel results – something that can have a huge impact on your traffic.
Additionally, if your business regularly blogs or produces content, using Google Authorship to tie your posts into your Google+ account can help give your rankings a boost. The search engine giant is moving towards blended results – search rankings that feature content from a lot of different sources, including your Google+ page. So the bigger your presence, the better your results have the potential to be.
What are the downsides? As with many social sites, Google+ is a demanding beast when utilised for business. It is a content-driven network and you’re likely to find that managing your account can take up a fair chunk of time, especially as Google+ hasn’t been integrated with all social dashboards yet. This means you won’t be able to control your account centrally, the same way you can with Twitter, Facebook and other social sites that are fully integrated. In the early stages, you’re also likely to find that growth is small and it will take a while for your profile to grow. As businesses can only add other businesses to their circles, you’ll need to be patient when it comes to growing a fan base. That being said, Google+ is much more than simply a place to advertise your brand or make new friends. It is well on its way to becoming an integral part of staying connected online.
You may not be ready to take the plunge and get stuck into Google+ right now, but chances are you will be soon. - See more at: http://www.tppwholesale.com.au/blog/marketing/can-google-improve-business/?RefCode=TPP_NEWS_1405&fc=1&grc=DIT2832#sthash.oc3VsfHO.dpuf
Latest News / Blog
- My Watchful Podcast
- Safety and Security While Video Conferencing with Zoom
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- Keyboard issue: Single quote being replaced by Accent character
- Telemarketers trying to sell you a keyword-rich domain name
- Email – latest technology & more space!
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- SEO basics for your website