How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
Ever wanted to like a Facebook page as your business, rather than as your personal Facebook profile? Here's how to do it:
- Go to the page that you want to 'Like'.
- Click on the ... button in the bar underneath the banner pic (or, to the right of the 'Like' button).
- A dropdown list will appear, click on 'Like As Your Page'.
- If you have more than one business page linked to your personal profile, then a list of your business pages will appear, select the page that you want to 'Like' as.
- That's it!
Run out of ideas for social media posts?
Are you struggling with creating fresh content for your social media channels? Do you feel like you're just posting the same sort of content over and over? This checklist might help you to mix it up a little, print it out and stick it on your wall as a reminder of some new ideas next time you're writing a post.
How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
Source: Written By Steve Rayson on
Is there a formula to viral headlines? Are there words or phrases in headlines that particularly cause articles to be shared? For the past month I have been researching the headlines of the most shared posts in our BuzzSumo database. In this post I set out my findings, including:
- The common elements of viral headlines
- The top headline trigrams (three word phrases) shared on Facebook and Twitter
- The most powerful words used in headlines and how these vary across networks
- Eight ways to create your own viral headline
Common elements of viral headlines
The first aspect I reviewed was the common structural elements of headlines. In a previous review of the most viral posts of 2015, I identified a number of common elements to viral posts. These are outlined in the table below.
When I started reviewing the headlines of viral posts I found these elements occur frequently in the headline. I found it is common for a viral headline to include three, four and often all five of these elements. These headlines will be familiar to anyone who has browsed the most shared articles on BuzzSumo.
Here is an example headline from BuzzFeed which received over 650,000 shares and 2.6m views.
I could have chosen hundreds of similar headlines but this is typical and instantly recognisable. It may seem like a simple Listicle at first glance and we all know that list posts perform well. However, if we break down this headline in detail we can see that it contains all five elements common to viral posts.
How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
Facebook advertising is a must for just about any consumer centric company. The combination of reach (1.4 Billion+ people. Yes, let that sink in.), plus best in class marketing and advertising tools is unmatched.
The question is when do you introduce Facebook ads to your marketing mix? Facebook has evolved significantly over the past couple years. The strategies employed in years prior aren’t as relevant in today’s market, so it’s important to understand what you can achieve from Facebook today.
First, yes, organic reach is pretty much non-existent. The game has changed, starting from scratch is more complicated, and the strategies for growth are different in 2015.
Facebook site ownership when buying a business
Question: You recently bought a business but the vendor refuses to handover control of the Facebook page used by the business. It has a good following so it is an important way for you to get work. What can you do about it?
Answer: The Standard Contrract for the sale of a business promoted by the REIQ and the Queensland Law Society does not cover this. Your lawyer should have included a Special Condition requiring the vendors to make you an administrator of the Facebook page so you could then remove them and take control yourself.
For further information regarding special conditions in business contracts please contact: Geoff Matheson (07) 32235901 firstname.lastname@example.org or Harold Littler (07) 32235912 email@example.com .
Source: Master Plumbers magazine, February 2013, page 20.
Using Pinterest for your Business
Here is an interesting video on how Target uses Pinterest to promote their brand, there are some useful tips to be gained for all businesses.
Key highlights are:
- Pinterest - a creative way to show how products and style fit into the lifestyles and personas of guests.
- A never ending mood board of the things - places, design, food, quotes, style, patterns that your business loves.
- Platform to engage with guests by repinning and liking your images.
- Heavy on editorial images, light on product-only images.
Latest News / Blog
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- New QLD digital grant available - dates throughout 2017
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Pokémon madness has gripped the world
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- SEO basics for your website