SEO backlinks for your website
Search Engine Optimisation: 17 ways to build great back links for your website
Back-links are the currency of the web. In the same way that dollars are the measure of financial wealth, back-links are the measure of web wealth. Not only do back-links increase the number of direct visitors to your website, they also help propel you up Google’s ranks.
Unlike traditional marketing where information is published one day and gone the next, information tends to stay on the web forever. A popular article will continue to attract back-links long after it is published!
There are many types of back-links and plenty of ways to attract them. Here are a few:
Remarkable content is the key to web marketing, so you can start practising by writing and submitting articles. Sites like Enzine-Articleslet you submit articles for free (so remember to include a back-link to your website in your author bio). However, the real power with submitting articles to sites like these, is that other website owners can re-publish your article on their website which earns you a back-link every time! That’s why the quality of your article is so critical.
There are plenty of galleries online where you can submit your work regardless of your industry.
The best way to attract excellent back-links is to earn the attention of bloggers. Write something thought provoking and see if bloggers comment and link to your website. Or, why not send it to influential bloggers who you think might find it valuable? Write a review of an industry relevant book and send it to the author. The key here is to get creative – find different ways to get your work noticed.
There’s an abundance of business directories on the web. Most are free and they nearly always allow you a back-link.
People love putting testimonials on their website, so why not write one for somebody who has delivered great service and include a back-link to your website on it.
6. SPEAKER BIOS
If you’re in the business of speaking to audiences, you’ll usually need to provide a speaker bio, so just include a back-link to your website when you do.
7. GUEST BLOG POSTS
Fellow bloggers are always keen for great content, so if there’s a blog you follow where you can provide a new insight, ask if you can write a guest post. Check out My Blog Guestas a way of finding potential blogs to contribute to. And you guessed it, include a back-link!
8. EXPERT ARTICLES FOR INDUSTRY SITES
You can also ask to write expert articles for industry websites.
9. INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS
If you’re a member of industry associations, there’s often the opportunity to get a member listing on their website.
10. BLOG DIRECTORIES
11. NEWS WEBSITES
If you’re a go-to source for journalists, try to cite your website to increase the likelihood of it appearing in the article.
12. NEWS RELEASES
If you’ve got news to announce, publish a news release or press release on websites like PRwire or PR News Wire. You can always include a back-link. Some new release websites are free, others charge a fee.
Affiliate marketing is when someone else markets your product on your behalf and you split the profit when a sale is made. This is a great way to get back-links because people are promoting your website. If you’re selling a product, check out E-Junkie, ClickBank or Commission Junction.
When you or your organisation wins an award, it’s a perfect opportunity to get another back-link.
If you have a special area of knowledge, writing an e-book is perfect link bait! An e-book can be any length you like. It’s also advisable to release it under aCreative Commons licencewhich allows people to share it with their friends for free!
A webinar is an online seminar. If you host one on an interesting topic, then it is likely that people will link to it.
A podcast is a recording that people can download onto their iPods. Again they are excellent link bait.
Author Bio: Toby Jenkinsis a web strategy speakerand consultant. He is the co-founder (with Adam Franklin) of Bluewire Media, web strategyfirm, internationally recognised for its free Web Strategy Planning Template and Web Strategy Secrets E-book. You can follow @Toby_Jenkinson Twitter.
Latest News / Blog
- Keyboard issue: Single quote being replaced by Accent character
- Telemarketers trying to sell you a keyword-rich domain name
- Email – latest technology & more space!
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- New QLD digital grant available - dates throughout 2017
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Pokémon madness has gripped the world
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- SEO basics for your website