SEO basics for your website
Time and time again we are asked by prospective clients "How do I get my website to rank well?". The answer to that is long and complex, but here it is in a nutshell.
SEO. Little word with a lot of power!
Not all sites are created equal !
The competition is fierce!
The nature of your business will also affect how easy it is to get your site to rank well. If you are selling eg. copper garden ornaments you are likely to have less competition than say somebody selling TVs, or online dating services. This means that it will be easier to get your website to rank in the first page or couple of pages of search results.
What's all this about keywords?
Keywords are the words people will use to search for your product or service. Remember that is not just keywords, but keyword phrases that your site needs to be optimised for, and worse still, it is not just keyword phrases, but keyword density too! What does all this mean? You need to repeat your keywords and keyword phrases where ever you can throughout your site - this will increase the density and therefore make your site a more relevant match to those keyword searches. One good tip is to see what search phrases your top competitors are ranking well for and consider including these in your own site.
Where does WebCoast stand with SEO ?
SEO is a very specialised field. With the algorithms changing weekly & daily it is a full time job just keeping up. For this reason WebCoast applies recent SEO fundamentals to our sites but we do not profess to be SEO experts or offer any level of SEO other than the basics which we build into all of our customised sites. We can however engage the services of local colleagues who DO specialise in SEO and implement this advanced level of SEO while building your customised site. And the cost isn't huge, it can even be tailored to meet your budget.
That's it for now....
Monday, April 21, 2008
Why is it that some sites rank really well and others don't? The answer to that may lie in the build of the site. Some DIY templates do not allow access to important SEO areas. Or perhaps they do but the user doesn't realise the importance of using them correctly. In our opinion you are better off getting a purpose built site, one that is custom built for you, which matches your existing marketing material and has been specifically built around your keywords. And yes they cost more, but you may be surprised at how little that extra cost is - especially when weighed up with good search engine rankings. If you want a budget DIY template then you will probably get what you pay for... a nice looking site which doesn't rank particularly well, especially in competitive areas.
Latest News / Blog
- How to grow your social media engagement
- Wordpress 5.5 - auto updates
- My Watchful Podcast
- Safety and Security While Video Conferencing with Zoom
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- Keyboard issue: Single quote being replaced by Accent character
- Telemarketers trying to sell you a keyword-rich domain name
- Email – latest technology & more space!
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- SEO basics for your website