Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
I read an interesting article today by Darren Shaw at Moz.... it's all about how the google 'local' results (the ones underneath the google map above the Google organic search results) are now seemingly based on your proximity to the business, rather than their reviews, link building etc.
In the example below, the Local Search results (the ones under the map) are based on my proximity to the business. In this example, I am on a desktop computer so Google has had to approximate my position, and therefore Connected PlumbGas is ranked as 2nd, even though it is actually closer to me than the others. Interestingly, even though the Connected PlumbGas listing has more reviews it is not listed first, the business considered to be closer in proximity is. To read more about this, click on the link at the bottom of this article.
"It is interesting to note that in today’s results, as we can see in the examples later in this post, proximity is now a huge ranking factor on desktop (as well as mobile). Google has been going “mobile-first” for years, and is there really a difference in how they process mobile and desktop local results. You just see different results because Google can get a more precise location on mobile."
What does this mean? Click here to read the full article
Latest News / Blog
- Safety and Security While Video Conferencing with Zoom
- Increasing the exposure of your business
- Keyboard issue: Single quote being replaced by Accent character
- Telemarketers trying to sell you a keyword-rich domain name
- Email – latest technology & more space!
- Outlook 2018, where have the Advanced Settings gone?
- Tools to resize and optimise images for your website
- Stolen Domain Names
- How to 'Like' a Facebook page as your business
- Create a link for customers to write reviews
- Latest round of QLD Digital Grants opens soon
- Proximity to Searcher is the New #1 Local Search Ranking Factor
- The Importance of Keeping Software Up To Date
- Joomla 3.7 Coming Soon
- Mobile-first Indexing
- Run out of ideas for social media posts?
- Scammers - they are still at it!!
- Are you struggling to create interesting content for your website?
- How to Write Viral Headlines: New BuzzSumo Research
- Google to Boost mobile-friendly algorithim this May
- Claiming for personal vehicle usage for tax year 2015 onwards
- Get on Google 'My Business'
- Google Analytics Report - What is "beat with a shovel the weak google spots" keyword?
- What is NAP Consistency? And why is it good for SEO?
- More .au options for all Australians or not – the pointy end of the naming panel process
- How to Know When Your Startup or Business is Ready for Facebook Ads
- Why are there spikes visits on my Google Analytics report?
- Generate more traffic with good quality blog content
- How to provide a direct link to your Google+ review box
- Content Quality Score: Google’s Best Kept Secret For Rankings
- Marketing your website content across the digital market
- Are you resisting Google+ ?
- How Google Search Works
- Facebook site ownership when buying a business
- Using Pinterest for your Business
- Can I rely on my Registered Business Name alone to register a com.au or net.au domain name?
- How to create a business listing on Google Maps
- What format of logo should you use in Word?
- What is Google Pagerank?
- Google Analytics keywords report says "not provided"
- 5 Tricks to Improve Your Google Maps Listing & Ranking
- SEO backlinks for your website
- Internet keyword scam
- Google Maps
- SEO basics for your website